How to Join a Walk
Become a Member
For membership enquiries and information about the club, telephone our Membership Secretary John at 0403 069 245, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct all other correspondence to our postal address:
CMW of NSW Inc., GPO Box 2449, Sydney NSW 2001, (Australia).
Before The Walk
- Contact the leader a minimum of a week before the date the walk begins and ask to be included.
- Check with the leader for any special requirements, such as specific camping gear, water and food rations etc. and also notify the leader of any of their special requirements e.g. medical conditions or allergies.
- Transport is arranged by the leader and party members, either individually or sharing with other members as suits the group. The club encourages transport sharing, to minimise car usage and defray running costs, passengers pay their drivers the amount specified on the walks program.
- Before the walk starts, you must sign the club's waiver form. The leader fills out a trip intention form which is left with someone who is aware of where and when the group intend to return in case of emergencies.
During The Walk
- Have fun! Take photos, get to know your group members better and enjoy the beautiful landscape you are travelling through.
- Keep in contact with the group, particularly when traversing difficult terrain. If you are separated from the group and are not sure of the route to be taken, walk to the last known point where you were in touch with the group and stay there so they can find you again.
- Details of the procedure that will be implemented in the event of a late return, including a list of these contacts, will be presented to you when you become a prospective member.
After The Walk
- We are always looking for stories to publish in the club magazine. Write up your walk and send it in for other members to enjoy.
- Send in your photos! These can be used in the magazine either by themselves or with your walk report.
- Give a talk at a club meeting. Other members love to hear what great walks are out there and what beautiful areas can be explored.
- The club has equipment for hire at nominal cost, which beginners are encouraged to hire. It is a good idea to use the clubs' equipment on several walks before purchasing your own gear. For details, contact the Gear Custodian (details are available when you become a prospective member) as soon as possible after contacting the walk leader.
- In addition to the walks listed on the walks program, other walks are often organised and announced at club meetings and through email.