How To Join
For membership enquiries and information about the club, telephone our Membership Secretary John at 0403 069 245, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternately you can come along to a club meeting at Concord High School. Meetings are held monthly on the second Wednesday at 8pm in the Theatrette, Stanley Street, Concord, opposite the playing fields, UBD - 233 M 8 (Google Map)
If you have other enquiries, please direct correspondence to the club at GPO Box 2449, Sydney NSW 2001, Australia.
Membership is open to people over the age of 18.
To join as a prospective member:
- Complete the online Application for Membership.
- Prospective Membership is FREE for up to 12 months.
- You'll receive digital copies of the club's magazine "Into The Blue".
Because the CMW specialises in overnight walking, full membership requires:
- The completion of 2 overnight qualifying walks plus one other walk of at least easy-medium grade and medium distance within a period of 12 months from becoming a prospective member. Overnight qualifying walks are identified with a "(Q)" symbol and day walks a small "(q)" on the walks program.
- The completion of basic map instruction.
There is an annual membership fee for individuals and families, members receive four issues of
the Clubs' magazine "Into the Blue".
CMW Guide to Bushwalking
The club has put together a CMW Guide To Bushwalking with information on how to join a walk, what to take, suggestions on food that will keep you sustained, etiquette in the bush, map and compass use, together with a checklist of gear to take on a typical walk.
Printable Booklet (Use this version if you want to print it on a double-sided printer. The result is a collated A5 booklet.)
As a prospective member we encourage you to attend club meetings so that you can meet members and find out what the club offers and discuss which walks would be suitable for your abilities and commitments.
Prospective membership allows you to walk with the Club, at which point you can begin qualifying for full membership.